VINCI Construction acquires the Seymour Whyte Company and boosts its construction operations in Australia
- Acquisition of 100% of Seymour Whyte’s shares
- 2017 revenue of A$433 million
- VINCI Construction expansion in the Pacific area
On 23 October 2017, VINCI Construction finalised the acquisition of the Seymour Whyte company based in Queensland. The acquisition was finalised followed purchase of 100% of the shares of the company previously listed on the Sydney stock exchange.
Seymour Whyte employs 475 people and generated revenue of A$433 million in the fiscal year ended on 30 June 2017. Founded in 1987, Seymour Whyte is a well-known Australian company operating in the fields of civil engineering, earthworks and utilities, notably for the construction of roads, bridges and water and pipeline infrastructure.
Seymour White is made up of two entities: Seymour Whyte Constructions and Rob Carr Pty Ltd.
- Over the past decade, Seymour Whyte Constructions has completed more than 80 infrastructure projects in Queensland and New South Wales, including modernisation of the Ipswich motorway, the access roads to the Sydney airport and, more recently, renovation of a section of the Bruce Highway motorway.
- Rob Carr Pty Ltd is one of Australia’s leading water and pipeline infrastructure companies, specialising in microtunnelling and directional drilling.
This acquisition, added to that of HEB Construction in New Zealand in 2015, strengthens VINCI Construction’s operations in the Pacific area, where it generated 2016 revenue of €549 million, employs 2,000 people and delivers wide-ranging expertise in the highway construction, civil engineering, soil reinforcement and oil & gas sectors.
“Seymour Whyte is a company that resembles us, with a strong entrepreneurial culture. This acquisition will enable us to expand synergies with VINCI Construction’s existing expertise in Australia and more broadly in the Pacific area,” said Jérôme Stubler, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of VINCI Construction.
Leon Anderson May 12, 2018
Expansion of business is a great idea of rapid development. No wonder this company is the most successful company in the construction business. You are the best.
Mira Pearson May 12, 2018
This is the best event in the history of the company’s existence.
SEO Affiliate Program January 24, 2020
Awesome post! Keep up the great work! 🙂
Yan Ekwall September 5, 2020
Hey there. I found your site by way of Google while searching for a comparable topic, your site came up. It appears good. I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks to come back then.